Description: The Human Spine Disorders illustrates how one's posture changes due to different types of spinal disorders and also shows various causes of back pain.
The central image shows a lateral view of a normal spinal column and its location in the human body. The 4 curvature regions of the spine are indicated and the vertebrae are labeled.
Also illustrates the following normal anatomy:
- Detailed labeled cross-section of a typical cervical vertebra
- Typical cervical, thoracic and lumbar vertebrae
- Structural features of an intervertebral disc
- Function of the intervertebral discs
Discusses and illustrates the following diseases and disorders and how they can cause back pain:
- The effects of osteoporosis on bones
- Various fractures of the vertebrae and sacrum
- Shows and explains hyperkyphosis, scolosis, and hyperlordosis
- Shows tumors on the spinal column, ilium, sacrum, and spinal cord
- Arthritis of the hip
- Herniated disc
Material Options: Laminated